Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Douăzeci

A few weeks ago, I had finally had a traditional Kuwaiti meal! After many people have insisted that Kuwait has no real culture or at least food culture I was convinced to find at least something that paralleled the native, Arabic cuisine.
After spending an afternoon with a Kuwaiti she insisted on taking my friend and I out to the popular joint that serves up Kuwaiti dishes!

We dined a Bazza Cafe off of Gulf Road in Bined al Gar, Kuwait. The restaurant was cozy and the service was warm. The "cafe" was decked out in Vitma bottles (a typical GCC beverage), and 8x8 posters scribbled with fun Kuwaiti sayings.

The food was awesome! We dined like queens with amongst an array of fresh Arabic bread, hummus, baba, and my favorite foul. Foul is comparable to a bean stew. It includes slightly bitter lava beans which have been slow cooked in a thick tomato based sauce.



 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment