Friday, August 15, 2014

Sexton


When Life Gives you Ice Cream...Make Ice Cream Sandwiches



I am a subscriber of Food and Wine Magazine's daily recipe emails that they send out. Usually the recipes inspire me to create dishes of my own and other times I simply foen in middle of America before getting published and signed off by Food & Wine.  This cookie recipe happens to be one of those. The web post was a a Oatmeal Cardamom Cookie, the combo of a hearty whole-grain cookie and perfume-y cardamom I was intrigued to try these bad boys out for myself. I mean any reason to eat ice cream in 110 degree weather is reason enough!
  

Last week I posted my favorite ice cream joint in Kuwait (Ice Cream World) hence, I purchased my cool, creamy filling from them. I used pistachio (a Middle Eastern staple flavor), and Almond (my personal favorite) for these delightful treats. 
If you ever stop by the creatively decorated "hole-in-the-wall" I highly recommend the Chocolate, Almond, Coconut, and Black Currant flavors!








Find Food Note:
The recipe states to use the drop-cookie method before baking. If you are going to freeze these cookies & enjoy them cold, then I agree with this technique. Although if you wish to eat some of these at room temperature I recommend gently pressing the dough before baking to get a more crispy consistency. Without pressing them they are a bit spongy/biscuit like oppose to having a crunchy edges and a soft center.

Recipe is courtesy of Food&WineMagazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment