Saturday, June 28, 2014

"Khamsa" خَمْسَةٌ

I have an official Public Service Announcement!
*DRUMROLL PLEASE*
I, Jamila Nicole Ross, am going back to Johnson & Wales University to continue my education online!!!  *the crowd in my head goes wild*

I am super excited to attend school again! It has been over a year and I am ready to conquer a new challenge. I will be starting this Fall so that gives me more than enough time to prepare. Building upon my education is so important. Especially in the hospitality industry because it is very much like fashion, the trends are CONSTANTLY evolving although, are basics will NEVER die. I am so dedicated to keeping up in this game, because it is my honestly passion. When you believe in something, when you realize that your future is entirely in your hands, you "gotta" go for the gold while!

Studying what I love has been a beautiful experience because I never have to force myself, it never feels like "work". I am learning for the simple fact that I want to learn!

Anyway, my thirst for knowledge has brought me to my newest discovery in Kuwait. OA few weeks ago, I munster up the courage to take a walk in 117 degree weather.  As I was walking long the coast of Kuwait, I happened to find the ONLY English/Arabic book store in the country. It was a down-to-earth, cozy environment, with old store book cases, no more than 4 ft. tall,  filled with gently used and brand new books. Donated artifacts, were placed all throughout this whole in wall. I began to scan through the genres and series of author and then I came across the Cookbook section. My eyes widened as a stepped closer. It was amazing to see culinary classics like Harold McGee's "On Food and " and a 1970 print of "Joy of Cooking" which was passed on from an American home cook to the Kuwaiti Sheikah (AKA the fucking queen!). If you are a citizen of Kuwait it is definitely worth checking out.



Q8 Books
Off of Arabic Gulf Road
Behind Marina Mall
Next to the Baytlothan Center

No comments:

Post a Comment